Events organized by the Textile Institute- Sri Lanka Section in 2018/2019
- Sinhala and Tamil New Year celebrations was held at GSH Colombo Hotel,382, Galle Rd., Colombo 6 on 6th April 2019. There were 35 participants.
- Innovations is everybody’s business; how to make it happen? The lecture was delivered by Mr. Gihan Talgodapitiya on 23rd August 2019 at GSH Colombo Hotel and there were 21 participants.
- World Textile and Clothing Trade in the Asian Region was delivered by Rohana Kuruppu at the Anarva Hotel, Mount Lavinia on 23rd September 2019. There were 28 participants.
Events organized by the Textile Institute- Sri Lanka Section in 2017
- From 24th to 25th March at Galle Face Hotel, Colombo – International Conference on Apparel & Textiles and Fashion Design
- On 19th June at Brandix College of Clothing Technology, Ratmalana -Lecture on KEVLAR- Wool for Ballistic Protection by Dr. S Kanesalingam, PhD
- On 3rd October at Brandix College of Clothing Technology, Ratmalana -Lecture on Resource Efficient and Cleaner Production: Responsible Business & Innovations by Dr. Rene Van Berkel, PhD
- On 21st November at Brandix College of Clothing Technology, Ratmalana – Lecture on Applications of Nano Materials in Textiles by Prof. Lyudmyla Turyanska, PhD